This policy describes how we collect and use personal information about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (Data Protection Legislation).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We may review and change this policy from time to time. When we do, we’ll update this version located here.
Bowland Health Limited ("we", "us", "our" and "ours") is a provider of medical, aesthetics, massage and healthcare consultations in the UK. We are registered in the UK under company registration number: 11218055 and our registered office is at Wheatley Suite, Longridge Business Centre, Kestor Lane, Longridge, Preston, PR3 3AD
The kind of information we hold about you
We may collect and process information if you send an enquiry to us from our website, use Bowland Health Clinic, or get in touch with us by email or phone.
- This information can include your personal details (such as your name, address, email address, date of birth, telephone numbers, and credit and banking details).
- We may also collect some Personal Information if you engage with us through social media.
- details of any products or services you have received from us, as well as any associated payment-related information;
- information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
[We indirectly collect Personal Information when someone uses Bowland Health clinic to record data about someone other than themselves. A typical scenario would be when a healthcare professional records information about a patient.
This information can include names, genders, dates of birth, countries of birth, residential addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, a person’s emergency contacts, health insurance numbers, and patient treatment notes and records. This can include sensitive information such as health records.]
How We Use Your Data
We need your personal information to enter into a contract with you and deliver services.
We use your financial details to charge you if you use our paid service or buy our products.
We use your health and medical information to provide you with a healthcare service, including when it's in your vital interests. This includes giving you health advice, as well as diagnosis and treatments if you use our clinical services (either in person, or via our video and audio consultations, where you can talk with one of our medical professionals).
This information is based on:
- Providing you or planning for healthcare services.
- Performing tasks in the public's interest (for example, our NHS services)
- Your consent (for example, when you use our private service and agree to sharing information with your NHS GP)
The health and medical information we use includes information from your:
- Consultations, like notes, recordings, and transcripts
We might share this information with other health services. This is so we can give you the right care, including when it's in your vital interests. These services include:
- Your GP, if you use our private service
- Our NHS or clinical service partners
- Referral services like therapists, pharmacists and hospitals
We may, with consent, use email addresses to share news, tips, updates and special offers. People who receive these promotional emails can unsubscribe at any time.
Our use of data collected in Bowland Health by a business that is Personal Information relating to third parties may also include providing support and technical assistance to our Customers.
Other ways we may use your Personal Information:
- To analyse trends, administer or optimise Bowland Health clinic, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users' movements around Bowland Health Clinic) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- To control unauthorised use or abuse of Bowland Health Clinic - or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in order to enable the processing of payments for any of our products or services or where we subcontract any of our services to another data processor or in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business.
How Information is Disclosed
In rare circumstances, we may be obliged to disclose Personal Information if disclosure is required to comply with the law, if we believe it is necessary to protect our rights, or if the ownership and assets of Bowland Health were to be transferred to another party.
We will not transfer the personal information we collect about you outside of the EU.
The Security of your Personal Information
We take security seriously.
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive details of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email email@example.com acting as a data processor, we will always You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Access, correct or erase Personal Information about you
You can request access to the Personal Information you have provided to us, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This enables you to receive a copy of the data and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
If you want to request erasure of your Personal Information, we’ll take all reasonable steps to do so unless we are required to keep it for legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose (for example, in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would like to receive from us), you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email email@example.com.
Local Access and Privacy Laws
Bowland Health Clinic acknowledges that Personal Information about patients, and the obligations of medical practitioners relating to them, may be subject to access and privacy laws in the country of residence of those patients.
We’ll take all reasonable steps to comply with local access and privacy laws, to the extent consistent with legal obligations we have under EU Law.
Our Privacy statement is displayed here. This is important for Customers that operate in the European Union, or those that are bound to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated on 17th December 2020.
(We also have a dedicated Data Protection Officer to help you with any requests or questions you have about your data. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk.